Installation problem : No Help and no ToolTip

Serge Leblanc leblancsp at live.ca
Wed Jul 19 15:18:42 EDT 2017

I have been using GnuCash for over 2 months now, with no problem really worth mentioning except that I get no contextual help and no icon's tool tips displayed. For the problem related to Help, it seems similar to the one mentioned about SuSE in the FAQ, but I don't see how to apply the patch recommended. For the problem related to tool tips, I found no clue in FAQ.

Could anyone help me on those matters? I know there is a gnucash-user Archives I could search, but the hyperlink given search the gnucash-user Archives<https://lists.gnucash.org/search/?idxinfo=gnucash-user> does not work (Error 404).

Your help would be appreciated,