Migrating from LInux to Mac

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Jul 21 17:45:09 EDT 2017

> On Jul 21, 2017, at 2:38 PM, Eric Beversluis <ebever at researchintegration.org> wrote:
>
> Gnucash documents (https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.6/C/gnucash-guide/basics-migrate-settings.html) indicate a full migration involves copying the gnucash file itself, the application settings and the saved reports data.
>
> I'm assuming the gnucash file will just copy and paste (via thumb drive) to the desired location in Mac. But from the page I'm looking at it seems that maybe the settings and saved report data won't just copy over.
>
> What would be the way to complete the migration?

copy the directory $HOME/.gnucash to the thumb drive and from there to $HOME/Library/Application Support/gnucash. If you use AQBanking you'll also want to copy $HOME/.aqbanking to $HOME/.aqbanking.

I don't know of any way to transfer the saved preferences between dbus and defaults, so you'll need to reset the preferences on your mac.

Regards,
John Ralls