Manually Post Scheduled Transactions

pfwoolverton at juno.com pfwoolverton at juno.com
Sun Jul 23 13:54:22 EDT 2017

I am struggling with Schedule in GC 2.6.16.  I want to manually post scheduled transactions and have the transactions show dates I select.

I reviewed the Concepts Guide and the Help Manual, and searched the user archives without success.  I have bits and pieces, but still do not understand how to manually post the transactions.

My prior experience is with MS Money 3.0.  MS Money shows a window with a list of future transactions.  To post a transaction in MS Money, I select it and update fields such as date, amount, and memo.  Then I enter the transaction.  The transaction is posted and a new, future transaction is created in the list.

I would like step-by-step instructions on how to manually post a scheduled transaction starting with a transaction which is not set to be created by GC.  Is there a source for such instructions?