Scheduled transactions editor does not include ACTION feature | Use Bugzilla

Fred Bone Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com
Mon Jul 24 05:12:50 EDT 2017

On 23 July 2017 at 19:34, aegross said:

> GnuCash - User mailing list wrote
> > the Action field in a given transaction.
>
> I am **not** talking about the ACTION  field in any particular account
> register.  Rather,  once a scheduled transaction has been setup; if that
> transaction is going to be edited, it needs to be edited in the Scheduled
> Transaction Editor.  I am saying that in that Editor, the action field
> does not work.    This is **somewhat** similar to Bugzilla bug 776564
> where the notes field had a problem **in the Editor**.

This seems strange. Using 2.6.17 on Windows, I did this:

- go to SX Editor
- pick a random SX
- adjust its "frequency" so it appears now due
- go to the "template" tab
- left-click on a random split under "Num"
 (this selects the split, and the column heading changes to "Action")
- left-click on the button in the "Action" field
 (this produces the dropdown list of Actions)
- pick a random Action from the list
- hit "Enter" to confirm the change
- "OK"
- Actions->Scheduled Transactions->Since Last Run
- go to one of the registers affected by the new txn
- open Split view on the new txn
- observe that the selected Action is indeed present

This works exactly as I would expect it to work. It also lets me type
arbitrary text into the Action, and that also shows up in the generated
txn.