2.6.17 for MacOS X

davelist at mac.com davelist at mac.com
Tue Jul 25 18:56:55 EDT 2017

> On Jul 25, 2017, at 5:53 PM, Alan Magnus <alanmagnus at flowja.com> wrote:
>
> GNUCASH 2.6.17 does not open using the latest Beta release for Mac. Mac OS X 13 Beta 4

I can confirm the issue. Here is the problem:

Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x4] Symbol missing

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries
DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH=/Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Frameworks
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib:/Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib/gnucash::/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/:/Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib:/Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib/gnucash

Dyld Error Message:
  Symbol not found: _inflateValidate
  Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libPng.dylib
  Expected in: /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/lib/libz.1.dylib
 in /System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libPng.dylib

Dave