For UK users: Will gnucash get ready for Making Tax, Digital ?

Paddy Walker yarelea at paston.co.uk
Wed Jul 26 10:53:45 EDT 2017

There is a precedent in that HMRC. have a Linux edition of Basic PAYE
Tools. This is only 32bit software but is not difficult to get to run on
any distribution. It allows HMRC. to know what they are owed every week
after you do your payroll and deduct income tax & national insurance.
You have to submit details to them every week. It is not onerous.

I would expect digital submission of tax information to be similar since
its objectives are identical. I imagine there will have to be some
adjustment of account code structure just as is necessary for VAT.
purposes. I don't agree that HMRC. are opposed to Linux and am hopeful
of rising to the challenge. I hope they get on with it since I am 80!