GNUCash as a maintenance project?

Adonay Felipe Nogueira adfeno at openmailbox.org
Thu Jul 27 09:43:06 EDT 2017

Please note that, as far as I'm aware, GnuCash Android isn't related to
GnuCash, and not even a GNU subproject, contrary to GnuCash.

About extending GnuCash for personal medical records: do you mean that
the user would be able to enter/import medical records about himself so
as to have some indication of how much of suger he can and has taken? I
have seen some projects dealing with this for some time, although I only
know GNU Health so far.

Also, about using GitHub: Any Git repository will do, not only
GitHub. See
[[https://www.gnu.org/software/repo-criteria-evaluation.html]] for an
evaluation of some of the most popular hosting services. Note: GNU
Savannah supports: Git, GNU Bazaar, GNU Arch, GNU CVS, Mercurial,
Subversion, mailing lists, project custom pages, tasks/bugs/issue
trackers. In GNU Savannah you can toggle the features you want.

Also, about distros welcoming people: GuixSD system distribution, or
simply the GNU Guix package manager that can be installed in any system
distribution, would welcome anyone, besides having the plus of being
similar to Gentoo, offering roll-backs in case of trouble, and most
importantly: being free/libre software (as in freedom, not price). See
[[https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html]] and
[[https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-non-gnu-distros.html]] for a list of
free/libre system distributions, and also
[[https://www.gnu.org/distros/common-distros.html]] for a list of common
system distributions that are not recommended and why they aren't.

--
- [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno]]
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com