For UK users: Will gnucash get ready for Making Tax Digital ?

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Thu Jul 27 11:31:17 EDT 2017

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 10:22:40AM -0500, Tommy Trussell wrote:

> SO (in my opinion, not a UK citizen, other disclaimers applicable, etc.)
> it's not a mathematical problem, it's a political one.

+1

Which comes back to the question: what it MTD really about ?

I suspect that they want a 'closed box' accounting package where, once entered,
numbers/invoices/... cannot be changed - which means that it is harder for
someone to fiddle the books.

They are starting with small business and landlords - which quite ignores the
fact that most fiddling is done by expensive accountants who work for the large
international companies (who also offer civil servants nice consultancies upon
retirement).

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/