GnuCash mobile

Adonay Felipe Nogueira adfeno at openmailbox.org
Thu Jun 1 07:08:44 EDT 2017

Hi Steve,

Indeed, we might need to make it so that GnuCash is provided to users of
mobile devices.

I wonder what GNU IceCat uses in order to provide that? Maybe those
interested can check GNU IceCat to see how it's done.

Also, as I talked with people in gnucash-devel (which is the right place
for this discussion): We can provide GnuCash to mobile users, although
we must make some ground solid also as to avoid complications that could
impact the essential freedoms of the software being used by the mobile
users --- after all, we're working for free/libre digital society (not
gratis).

As a note perhaps for future discussion in gnucash-devel instead: As a
*personal* suggestion, I would keep GNU Guile Scheme support at least in
desktop or notebook computers. I suggest this because such language is
extensible, easier to read and sanitized --- I can provide references to
these points if you do want, but I would rather discuss the continuation
in gnucash-devel instead. :)