Reconciling an account

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jun 7 09:26:30 EDT 2017

Hi,

EngineInstitute <info at chinablueart.com> writes:

> Dave,
> No worries about raining on my parade.
> I figured it was probably a preferences issue. I did check the account and

I don't think it's a preferences issue.

> it was marked income & expense not credit. So I changed it to credit. So
> that shows the balance correctly as a negative (which I overlooked). Also it
> is positioned correctly as a liability account and is not a sub account.

I don't understand this statement "positioned correctly as a liability
account and is not a sub account"??  Do you mean that you have this
listed as a Top Level Account???  That's.......  weird.

> But yes it still does not solve the problem because the reconciled amount
> now is simply a positive $195.14 difference.

Which again implies that you entered your transactions backwards.