Transfering GNu files to new computer

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Thu Jun 8 05:18:39 EDT 2017

On Wednesday, 7 June 2017 18:30:55 BST PL Brand wrote:
> I'm trying to transfer my GNu files to another computer running 16.04.
> I've been able to import the account names, but now data/amounts, etc.
>

> Please help.  Thank you

Hi PLBrand,

All you need to do is move your accounts data file to (a sensible path) on the
new computer & then File->Open it. Should work fine.  Custom reports etc are in
a different file path - see yesterday's thread started by Edwin Humphreys for
more info.

when you say "running 16.04" - there isn't a Gnucash 16.04 - do you mean
2.6.14?

HTH,
Maf.