Reconciling an account

John Morris johnjeff at editide.us
Fri Jun 16 13:22:30 EDT 2017

> When you have the curser in a split line of a transaction, the word 'Tot'
> disappears.  You only see that when the curser is in boxes that are not a
> part of a split line.

  I think this also depends on the view one is using. I'm using a Mac with the en-us translation and GnuCash 2.6.16. I use Basic Ledger as my default. None of my registers include the "Tot". However, If I click the button to open a split, I get "Tot Deposit" and "Tot Withdrawal" (for a checking account) both in the column headers and in the empty cells of the currently selected row. As David noted, I only get the "Tot" when the cursor is in Date, Num, Description, or Notes.

  If I switch the view to Auto-Split Ledger or Transaction Journal, "Tot" shows up in both the headers and empty cells when the cursor is in Date, Num, Description, or Notes, but not when the cursor is in Memo, Account or either amount cell.

John