P&L Report doesn't show actual collections

Martijn Heuts usadutchies at bellsouth.net
Sat Jun 17 11:42:44 EDT 2017

 Hello, the P&L report in GNU Cash looks into all transactions from the income accountbut the income account does not show what is collected, only what is charged out.
Isn't a P&L report based on the actual business income (not what is charged out), less expenses, which would equal net profit?
I ask because the P&L is not what I collected, I have clients who only paid 50% deposit and/or waiting on insurance money to come in, yet the P&Lcalculates the total charge out as income.
My cash flow report shows me the actual income from accounts receivablethen my P&L report shows me the actual charges and expenses.
The 'Cash Flow' report 'income' section less the 'P&L report' expenses would be my net profit, correct?
Thanks for your help! Have a great weekend!
Martijn