Gnucash file is getting long!

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Jun 20 04:14:44 EDT 2017

There are no automatic saves in the sql backend any more. Or rather every change you make is saved automatically and immediately. So the autosave delaus you experience on the xml backend don't happen when using sql. The initial loadtime on the other hand turns out to be slower. This should improve when gnucasj becomes a real db application.

David Carlson <david.carlson.417 at gmail.com> schreef op 17 juni 2017 22:39:44 CEST:
>If the MySql format data file is not on the main hard drive but a) on a
>USB
>2.0 or 3.0 key, b) on another computer accessed by Wi-Fi or Ethernet,
>c) on
>a cloud server.
>
>Would the MySql database format be faster than the compressed XML in
>any of
>the above scenarios, particularly when periodic automatic saves are
>kicking
>in.?
>If GnuCash is remotely driven from another computer via ssh or Remote
>desktop are there any significant differences between the data formats
>for
>those scenarios?
>
>David C

Sent from my smartphone. Please excuse my brevity.