Gnucash usage for small banks and GL derivation rules

Les lelliott5 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 09:27:27 EDT 2017

Banking is a very complex operation (I was a banker for 15 years).  You
have interest accruals: interest on loans (loans are an asset and the
interest is income), accruals: interest on saving, time deposits, etc.
(saving, checking, etc are liabilities and the interest is an expense).

Real time, multi-user processing of deposits and withdrawal.

Accounting for government regulation compliance.

The list goes on and on.

There are systems designed specifically for banking, and probably very
expensive and usually run on large computer systems with redundancy.
There are also service bureaus that provide these functions for smaller
banks (probably the best solution for a new operation).

Les