Open Item Management?

Milan Knížek knizek.confy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 07:19:19 EDT 2017

Hi David,

yes I did, but that's fairly clumsy for any other use than for billing.
In my case, I am interested in a better controll of loans (receivables).
The functionality would be useful also for other stuff, like keeping an
eye on prepaid expenses (or accruals in general - for any who strictly
follow accrueing principles)

The idea is that GnuCash would have to be able to "match" various
transactions of the same a/c, whose net balance (Dr - Cr) is zero - say
with a separate data field for "matching reference number". A simple GUI
for selecting the open items for matching would do the job. Or may be
direct "clicking" in the "Matched" field? (There is an empty field below
the "Due Date" in Double Line View.)