Import Invoice problem

John A Brown johnbrowngreybeard at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 12:27:02 EDT 2017

Nelson,

the date format like 2017-05-25 is referred to in GnuCash as "ISO". I used
the DD/MM/YYYY format for a long time. I developed an application that
stored monthy files with the designation abcd0617.dbf for the abcd file for
June 2017. During the second year of deployment I realized that those files
would be sorted by the operating system by month and year with all of the
June files together and all of the July files together but the years were
not in order. It would have been convenient for me if they had been sorted
MySQL utilized the 2017-05-25 format. I realized that format allowed
alphabetical sorting used by the operating systems for sorting files by
name would also sort those files chronologically. So now I name my backup
files abcBU20170525112131.zip which is year month day hour minute second.
They show up chronologically when sorted by name.

GnuCash backup files utilizes that naming convention for it's backup files.
It is a good thing.

Kind Regards, John Brown