Notes column in SingleLine display

azalea4va common17 at azalea.name
Sat Jun 24 15:58:23 EDT 2017

Thank you Derek.  I have figure out enough to get this working preliminarily
(doesn't that inspire confidence!).  All the changes are confined to a
single file as was suggested,
/register/ledger-core/split-register-layout.c/.

I moved the ASSOC and NOTES colums to the first line of output for a
transaction. By default, I made those columns very narrow so they do not
take up much screen real estate in cases where that is an issue.  NOTES are
also output in the column used for DESC in DoubleLine mode, so a wide note
can be seen without changing the NOTES column width, for those with limited
screen real estate. But for those with more pixels to play with, one can
make the NOTES field wider and not need to resort to DoubleLine viewing.  (I
also dropped ACTN from DoubleLine since it is not a transaction-wide
attribute. It is a split attribute which can see in a view showing the
splits.)

I have linked the diff file and a screenshot of what a register would look
like on a 2014 wide display.  The code lists some register types and viewing
modes that I have not figured out what they are or how one would produce
them.  So I obviously have not done anything to see how they are working.

gc-diff.gc-diff
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/n4692350/gc-diff.gc-diff>
gc-reg.png <http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/n4692350/gc-reg.png>