Blank reports on OpenSuse??

Dan Rawson drawson1 at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 26 20:01:26 EDT 2017

I just installed GnuCash (2.6.7) on OpenSuse 42.2 (aka LEAP) 64-bit.  This is the version
that's in the OpenSuse repositories; OpenSuse itself is up to date.

I then imported approx. a years worth of transactions for 6 accounts (2 checking, 2
savings, 2 credit card) via downloaded OFX files from my bank.  The transactions all show
up; I can open my checking account, or the "Mortgage Interest" account, and the
transactions are all there.

EVERY report I open is blank.  I modified the transaction dates to all of this year
instead of using "Start of Accounting Period" / "End of Accounting Period" - still blank.
I tried selecting all accounts, selecting only one account (which I know has transactions
this year), etc. - nothing.  I saw one FAQ entry about blank report tabs on Windows, but I
couldn't see how that applied to me :-)

On startup, I do get a couple of innocuous messages in the console:

26-Jun-17 19:52 > gnucash
Found Finance::Quote version 1.37
Vector smash protection is enabled.
openjdk version "1.8.0_131"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 3.4.0) (suse-10.10.3-x86_64)

The openjdk messages show up when I open a report

Am I missing something obvious here?

Thanks in advance . . . .

Dan