Need help finding current, working OFX values for AqBanking connections

Yulem007 yulem007 at yulem.com
Wed Jun 28 16:02:35 EDT 2017

Hi,
I can't find the correct OFX values to connect to several of my
financial institutions.
I have successfully connected and downloaded transactions from AMEX and
Regions Bank so I'm assuming my installation and setup is OK. (Ubuntu
16.04, GnuCash 2.6.12)

These are the sources I've tried to get the correct OFX information:

  * https://ofxblog.wordpress.com/
  * https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/OFX_Direct_Connect_Bank_Settings#Table_of_bank_specific_parameters
  * https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Setting_up_OFXDirectConnect_in_GnuCash_2
  * http://moneydance.com/synch/moneydance/fi2004.dict
  * Gleaning information from my Quicken (Quicken 2015 Home & Business)
    OFX and CONN logs

The problem is much of the data are out of date plus different sources
give different values.  Trial and error only gets you so far before your
account gets locked ;-)

Please assume that I have tried all the values in the above sources that
make sense the best I could.

I am looking for OFX connect strings for:

  * Bank of America Credit Cards - Direct Connect (Quicken connect protocol)
  * Vanguard Financial Services - Direct Connect
  * Discover Credit Cards - Direct Connect
  * Grow Financial FCU - Express Web Connect

If anyone has working values (or any help) for any of these institutions
I would be grateful.

Another specific question is how/where do I enter "BankID" (bankCode)
using the AqBanking Banking Wizard (or anything)?  I couldn't find it
anywhere yet some institutions seem to require it!

Similarly where does FIPID get entered?

Thanks for any help,

Ralph