New Report ideas

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 20:15:13 EDT 2017

Hi Doug

I'd be keen to hack scheme to modify the source "Accounts" tree which is
common to several report types.

Right now you select your originating accounts, and when you 'save' the
report options, the account guid are hardcoded into the options. This
causes issues if we modify the chart of accounts. Wouldn't it be nice to
choose any of the following account ie name/description/notes:
1. "Income:Chris:"
2. "Expenses:Business:"
3. ":Travel" which captures splits from both Expenses:Business:Travel and
Expenses:Holiday:Travel
4. "^1" my favorite, will capture splits from accounts such as
Expenses:Business^1:etc and Expenses:Household:Electric^1, perfect for the
accountant. The wife gets to use ^2 :)

Next step could be to search account types (eg INCOME only)

Mockup attached

[image: Inline images 1]