Exported bank csv transactions show check withdrawals as deposits when imported to GC

pfwoolverton at juno.com pfwoolverton at juno.com
Fri Jun 30 15:38:58 EDT 2017

Exported bank csv transactions show check withdrawals as deposits when imported to GC

The withdrawals and deposits show in separate columns in the csv file exported from Ally Bank.  Unfortunately, the csv file shows a negative sign on the withdrawals, e.g., checks. Consequently, the checks show as deposits when imported to GC.

I do not have the negative-sign issue with csv files from other banks.

I brought this issue to the attention of Ally Bank and received the following response.
     Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately w are not able to make changes to how the debits aappear on your note.
      Please contact your provider for the financial program for assistance.

Is there a way to have GC automatically show the withdrawals properly as part of the import procedure?

I have two workarounds to have the withdrawals show as withdrawals in GC.
Edit the csv file and:
	1.  Remove the negative signs from the withdrawals in the csv file.
OR
	2. Move the check withdrawals to the deposits column, leaving the negative signs in place.

Has anyone else had this issue with csv exports from Ally Bank or any other bank?