Opening database

david.carlson.417@gmail.com david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 17:42:37 EST 2017

    Assuming that your data file is in the form filename.gnucash, which it probably is because it should then be in XML format, Gnucash should be able to just open it.
Since that is not happening for you we would need more information to help you.  What operating system are you using?  Exactly which version of Gnucash did you install?  Did you get it from the Gnucash.org website?  Is your file on a local harddrive?
David C

Sent from my LG G Pad 7.0 LTE, an AT&T 4G LTE tablet
------ Original message------From: Alex AycinenaDate: Thu, Mar 9, 2017 4:15 PMTo: Jamie Tyrrell;gnucash-user at gnucash.org;Subject:Re: Opening database
On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 11:05 AM, Jamie Tyrrell  wrote:> I lost my computer.>> Loaded 2.6.whatever onto new machine.>> Have a gnucash back up>> When I try to open file, I get "Cannot parse XML.">> OK, so what would be the language a 2014 file was saved in and how to I> set 2.6 to open it?>> Thanks.>I don't know the answer to your problem. I am copying your question tognucash-user at gnucash.org which is where it should have been sent in thefirst place. Go to www.gnucash.org and sign up to the list. There arepeople there who may be able to help you._______________________________________________gnucash-user mailing listgnucash-user at gnucash.orghttps://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user-----Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.