New Account druid allows you to choose transaction *time*

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Mar 11 07:16:37 EST 2017

On zaterdag 11 maart 2017 05:33:37 CET Christopher Lam wrote:
> Hi Geert
> May I ask favour to let us know where to see the change on svn? Would be
> useful for us learn hacking?

Sure. First off, gnucash has migrated from svn to git a couple of years back.
So you'd want to aks for git instead.

That detail aside, the easiest way to (passively) study code changes is on
github. The gnucash project page on github is https://github.com/Gnucash.
The project manages several gnucash related git repositories. The one where
you'll find your particular answer will be
https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash (which manages the code of the program
itself).

Next, as this was a small bugfix, it will have been committed to the maint
branch, which is where we track all changes intended for the stable releases.
The github interface will start with the master branch by default though, so
you'd have to change to the maint branch by clicking on the "Branch" button on
the webpage I mentioned above.

At this point the webpage will show the files and directories as they are in
the most recent commit of the maint branch. If you want to find my particular
change you'll have to look at the repository history instead. You can go there
by clicking on "<big number> commits".

My change will be in the list, under March 4.

Note that github is merely a fancy frontend to the git version management
system (with nice added features). To really understand how all this works
you'll need a minimal understanding of how git itself works. More information
on this can be found on our git wiki page
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Git

> Gnc also has a pref Edit > Pref > Date/Time > Use 24h Clock which is never
> used, right?

>From the top of my head I'm not aware of any part of gnucash that would use
this indeed.

Geert