B/S Liab numbers (neg)

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com
Sat Mar 11 11:03:29 EST 2017

On 3/11/2017 10:38 AM, kr wrote:
> A standard B/S shows liability numbers in the Laibility section as positive
> numbers. I can't find any way to make this happen and a search of this list
> was not helpfull. On the standard B/S Total Liabilities is a positive number
> but individual accounts are negative. The equile B/S report does what I want
> but I don't want the I/E accounts and there is no way to select accounts to
> remove them. Hopefully I am have overlooked a simple switch somewhere. Any
> help appreciated.
You need to explain a bit more about what is going on.

Normal for accounts of type Equity is a credit balance (that is positive
for equity). What are the sub accounts if any under equity that have a
debit balance? What were the transactions that were debits to this
account? (and what was the other side of those transactions, what
accounts were being (incorrectly) credited?

Michael D Novack