How to handle the odd transaction in USD, despite only having a GBP bank account

Jean-David Beyer jeandavid8 at verizon.net
Sat Mar 11 17:10:46 EST 2017

On 03/11/2017 02:21 PM, Buddha Buck wrote:
> If this were a many-off thing, I would consider opening an account in USD
> and periodically handle exchanging the USD for GBP when it is
> convenient/necessary, but not for each sale in USD.

In USA, due to fear of money laundering and other political nonsense,
you cannot open a bank account at a US bank unless you are a legal
resident of the state in question and can prove it with photo ID issued
by a government agency. And if you are doing banking in some US states,
they will impose an end-use tax on sales of most items.

  /V\  PGP-Key:166D840A 0C610C8B Registered Machine  1935521.
 /( )\ Shrewsbury, New Jersey    http://linuxcounter.net
 ^^-^^ 17:05:01 up 7 days, 17 min, 3 users, load average: 4.26, 4.21, 4.25