Asset appreciation?

Manolis Karamousadakis polemidis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 14:56:15 EDT 2017

Hello, I have a -maybe stupid- question but I cannot find the answer in the
web.
I would appreciate if you can help me clarify this!!!

My undestanding is that when you buy an fixed asset with cash you debit
your Asset Cash account and credit  your Fixed Asset acount.
But how do you property account when you buy something that was way too low
priced? For example I bought A solar array. I paid $3000. This array
installed adds $15000 value to my property.
Now I want take a loan from a lender, and he wants to see my Assets value
or the Net Worth Statement. How I will represent this increase in my assets
in double accounting, as the increase in real assets does not match the
decrease in the purchase.

Same thing when I build some asset. Ps I buy the lumber, build a shed. The
costs of the materials + labor are a lot less that the value of the shed as
unit.

Thank you all for your time!

--
Emmanouil Karamousadakis