Announcement: GnuCash 2.6.15 Released

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Mar 27 15:45:46 EDT 2017

> On Mar 27, 2017, at 10:42 AM, Dick Courter <genetechs at aaahawk.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks
>
> I just downloaded setup before I received this notice. Upon activating setup, I was asked if I wanted to delete old version. Answered yes.Then upon clicking to install I get the following message. "An error occurred . While trying to replace the existing file: Delete file flailed; code 5. Access Denied"   Clicking on retry also produced the same error message and put me into a loop.
>
> No what? I am assuming most of the old program has been deleted as no longer is there a shortcut icon on desktop. And, I do not find a way in the file folder to activate the old version.

First, download gnucash-2.6.16-1.setup.exe, as gnucash-2.6.16.setup.exe had a (much discussed already in this thread) dll dependency error.

Next, make sure that you're logged in as an administrator so that you'll have the requisite permissions to delete all of the old version's registry entries and run the new installer.

Regards,
John Ralls