Announcement: GnuCash 2.6.15 Released

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Mar 28 09:58:36 EDT 2017

> On Mar 28, 2017, at 4:19 AM, Dave H <hellvee at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> John,
>
> I've installed version 2.6.16-1 and it starts up as expected with the exception that the Save icon is immediately active/enabled which was somewhat unexpected, well surprising really as I hadn't had a chance to make any changes yet.
>
> Are there some time fixes happening as part of the file open - I'm in Brisbane, Australia (GMT + 10) and the most recent log file has about 5 records in it that look time related - see below ???

Dave,

Yes, GnuCash runs sanity checks and repairs during file load. We call them "scrubs", and we'll sometimes add new ones as part of fixing bugs when the bug wrote bad data into the book and we can automatically detect and fix that bad data. From the log entries it looks like one[1] Geert added in 2.6.15 that removes empty splits.

Regards,
John Ralls

[1] https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/254b4fbc2fcdf697096fe7fd6aed6c97618472a0