Bank/CC to Expense, diff currencies

Wed Mar 29 08:25:36 EDT 2017

Hi Ken,

> In the end; however, this is all a moot point as I have concluded that except for the transfer of monies between balance sheet accounts, that is bank a/c to bank a/c or bank a/c to CC account, GC is unable to handle two currencies in the same transaction, such as the example noted above.

I am using multi-currency transactions with any kind of account. But I know that the interface might be confusing. It especially depends if you use trading accounts or not.

If you are using the default setting without trading accounts you have to fill out all splits in the local currency. This means in the USD CC account the transaction looks like this:

and in the Canadian espense account it looks like this:

If you enable trading accounts gc does behave nearly as you expect: Every split has to be entered in the split currency and the transaction is shown the same way in both accounts:

But in both cases gc will bring up the exchange rate window and you have to enter that in addition.

HTH

Cheers,
Christoph