Public accountant question: prior year adjustments to retained earnings?

Richard Games richard at mycpas.ca
Thu Mar 30 11:20:50 EDT 2017

Hello, I'm a public practice accountant in Canada and unfamiliar with Gnucash. I have tried to check the archies for this topic, but the archive were unavailable on the maillist site.

I have a client that has made entries in the prior year by accident. Therefore I need to make an adjustment to retained earnings.

When I go to the account that needs adjustment, all is fine, but I cannot find retained earnings within the listed accounts for the other side of the entry.

Two questions:
Could someone please tell me how to locate retained earnings for journal entries?

Is there a general journal transaction entry screen - or do all entries have to be entered directly into the register of one of the accounts?

Thank you very much,
Richard
Richard Games CPA, CA, MPAcc, BCom
Principal, Bradley Jacoby Games Chartered Professional Accountants
250-370-2191 Ext. 7<tel:(250)%20370-2191>

For tax tip articles and social media links: MyCPAs.ca<http://www.mycpas.ca/>

This email is only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosures. If you are not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for its delivery, please notify us
immediately by telephone and permanently delete all copies of this message that you
have.  Any dissemination or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee
is prohibited.