Reports: business

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com
Mon May 1 14:50:17 EDT 2017

On 5/1/2017 2:07 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   Two questions about business reports.
>
>   1. Why can I not print to disk? Both ctrl-p and the Print button
> bring up
> the printing dialog box. When I select 'Print to file' and provide a name
> and directory a message box pops up telling this is not allowed.
Since I NEVER print any gnucash reports directly what you report is
mysterious. Until somebody else chimes in with your probably problem,
use EXPORT to get the report saved as a file. Then you use the "pretty
print" general purpose editor of your choice to massage it to the way
you want for your accountant.

>   2. In the Profit & Loss (Income Statement) dialog when I select a date
> range for the prior month the revenue posted during that month does not
> appear in the report. I must select the first of the year as the start of
> the reporting period.

The rest of us do not appear to have this problem. I have no trouble
producing a "Statement of Revenues and Expenses" (Income Statement) for
any date range I wish. Are you SURE you are correctly selecting a begin
date and an end date in Report Options? There MAY be some
misunderstanding about the work flow. You first run the report (with
whatever options are set) and then use Edit=>Report Options to get to
the menus that let you set things like the date(s) for THIS running of
the report. When you change the option or options, gnucash redoes the
report with THAT set of options in effect.

Michael D Novack