GNUCash value proposition

David Reiser dbreiser at icloud.com
Thu May 4 21:50:40 EDT 2017

When you’ve launched it most recently, have you set the date back at least several days in the From: area of the Get Online Transactions dialog? I’m pretty sure aqbanking resets the “Last retrieval” date to today, even if the attempt fails. So you could be just trying to get transactions from today, and none may have posted yet.
--
Dave Reiser
dbreiser at icloud.com

> On May 4, 2017, at 9:12 PM, Steve Cohen <stevecoh2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I tried this again and got a bit further with it.  Chase let me in, but
> shows me "no transactions available" even though I know that is not true.
>

> On 04/24/2017 11:59 PM, David Reiser wrote:
>> At some point the appver expires. I’m currently using 2500 instead of your 2200. You can type that into the setup dialog without picking an emulation target from the drop down menu.
>>
>> Did you assign a ClientUID in the User Settings of the OFX DirectConnect User Setup dialog, and then check the secure message area of the Chase web accounts area after trying to retrieve accounts? You won’t get a response from Chase in an OFX session until you respond to the out of band challenge regarding the attempted log in. It’s possible Chase isn’t even paying attention if the appver is too old for the ClientUID business.
>>

>>> On Apr 25, 2017, at 12:00 AM, Steve Cohen <stevecoh2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hmm, I tried this and could not get anywhere with it.  It accepted my
>>> credentials but would not show me any accounts.  There were error
>>> messages in the logs that seemed GUI related and a pointer to
>>> ofx.log(with user ID and password obfuscated by me).
>>>
>>> One thing I noticed that Gnucash wouldn't let me pick a Quicken version
>>> later than 2013 while I am running 2014.  Not sure that matters.
>>>

>>> Sending:
>>> OFXHEADER:100
>>> DATA:OFXSGML
>>> VERSION:103