CSV Import

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri May 5 02:23:49 EDT 2017

On vrijdag 5 mei 2017 04:39:49 CEST Steve Isenberg wrote:
> Geert,
> There were no signs in the test data I used. I did finish April's
> transactions in the current stable release and the import worked. Thanks
> for that. Question, what is the link for the nightly downloads?
> I went to the .org site and it jumped me to Source Forge to download what
> appears to be the latest stable release. I'm looking for the test version
> for testing. Thanks

Good to hear the import worked.

The nightly builds can be found here:
http://code.gnucash.org/builds/win32/master/

Apparently there's currently an issue with saving data using theses builds. I
haven't had time to verify this yet. These really are development snapshots so
you can expect all kinds of buggy behavior in them. Be sure to work on a copy
of your data or have backups ready to restore!

Also note that installing a test build will replace your currently installed
gnucash. In itself this is not an issue. After testing you can reinstall the
release of your choice to go back to the the situation before testing with no
negative side effects.

Having said all that you can run import tests in such a build (without saving
it).

Regards,

Geert