Stock quote can't be updated

Daniel Rosenberg dnlrsnbrg at gmail.com
Sat May 6 15:33:00 EDT 2017

Hi John,

thanks a lot for the input, although this was not the solution, it pushed
me to dig a bit further and find the cause for my sytem error.
First of all, I recently added a few stocks but didn't think much of it as
being the cause for the system error, as I don't update the quotes very
often. So when I updated the first time about 2 weeks ago, I got the system
error and it hasn't worked since then.
Right after your mail I looked into the stock editor and saw something
strange: the new stocks were showing as having two lines while the old
stocks where showing as one line (see attaches file stock editor overview).
In the editor detail view everything seemed normal, but I deleted the stock
symbol entries and typed them again. After that, the stock would show as
one line onky in the overview window.
Then it came to me: while I was entering my new stocks and funds, I copied
the symbol into the editor from a CSV file my stock broker provided me.
Somehow this led to the symbol having 2 lines (possibly a CR/LF at the end
of the symbol?)
I then manually typed the symbol into all my new stocks and funds and now
it works, even with Multiple Sources --> Europe.

I hope this helps somebody with the same problem.

Daniel
[image: stock editor overview.jpg]