bulk operations?

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun May 7 00:50:40 EDT 2017

Eric,
This issue comes up regularly with new users. The short answer to your question is,  "no, there is not a bulk edit." For more detail on suggestions, try googling "gnucash bulk change", and read some of the threads from the past.
David

  On Sun, May 7, 2017 at 8:07, Eric Theise<erictheise at gmail.com> wrote:   For lack of a better name.

Suppose I'm in the "Search Results" window resulting from an "Edit >
Find..." operation. Is there any way to apply a change to every transaction
that appears?

Say that, due to history and multiple credit card accounts, a grocer's
Description appears as "HI HO", "hi ho grocery", "hi-ho market", and
permutations thereof. Is there any way to standardize the name for
everything in the result set besides manually changing each line?

I'd also like to be able to perform bulk operations against "Imbalance-USD"
transactions.

If it's not possible through the GUI, how about via issuing SQL statements
to a database backend?

Thanks for your patience with these newbie questions.

Eric