Schedule Transactions only auto run on startup

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.fremont.ca.us
Wed May 10 07:00:30 EDT 2017

> On May 10, 2017, at 1:07 AM, Adrien Monteleone <adrien.monteleone at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I can see how auto-fired SX entries could result in multiple SLR windows. That would be bad. Ideally, you’d have one window with all SXs waiting your approval when you got back to the app.
>
> However, I might be confused by your wording. Maybe I’m missing something or my copy of GC isn’t working correctly.
>
> If I have a SX for tomorrow and I leave the app open, and then come back to it say Friday, is there supposed to be a SLR window somewhere waiting for me to okay the transaction?  Because if there is, it isn’t happening.
>
> Or were you simply referring to the case of “if” the event loop has an added SX timer there might be existing windows to deal with?
>
> Possibly related, I see I have “Create Automatically” checked. I would presume no action is needed on my part for the SX to be created when the date for it rolls around. Apparently, this is not the case.
>
> I also had “Notify me when created” and “Remind in Advance” set. I unset both of them and will see what happens with a test transaction.

If the event loop were to have an added timer event to run the SLR once a day. There's no such timer now.

Even if the SX is "create automatically" it will require user intervention if there are variables in the formula: The user must supply values for the variables in order to create the "real" transaction.

Yes, I suppose one could update and repaint the existing SLR dialog instead of telling it to cancel and drawing a new one, but it would be a bit more work and invisible to the user.

Regards,
John Ralls