Groups.io

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Fri May 12 15:47:18 EDT 2017

Hi,

On Fri, May 12, 2017 3:27 pm, aegross wrote:
> Adonay Felipe Nogueira wrote
>> It's the first time I'm hearing about Nabble, but it seems that it
>> requires the website visitor to use non-free software.
>
> Gnucash is using Nabble now.   Besides the link I posted earlier, the
> GnuCash wiki notes it on http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists.

Just a point of clarification.  GnuCash is not using Nabble.  Nabble is
self-contained service that happens to have chosen to include the GnuCash
mailing lists in their repertoire.  It was not something that any gnucash
developer requested of them, and indeed the gnucash developers have no
visibility into it.

There are a bunch of users that use nabble -- their messages get forwarded
to the mailing list and, if they are not subscribed, get moderated before
being sent through.

Regardless, nabble, like groups.io, is a hosted service.  It's not
something we could run/maintain ourselves which is the end goal.

> I am not using any special software to access; just my browser.
>
> AEG

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745