Fixing opening balance for an incorrectly reconciled account

Andrew Gross aegross at gmail.com
Sun May 14 21:19:18 EDT 2017

Greetings -- have looked at a couple of old threads on reconciliation
issues that come close to this question, but not quite. In two of my
accounts (one asset; one liability) I committed a transgression; I
attempted to fix a reconciled transaction.  Since then, I have to put in a
"fix" to balance each account.  I add a bogus transaction; reconcile; and
then reverse the transaction.  Essentially, I need to be able to reset the
opening balance in order to fix this.   I know changing the opening balance
is not an option; is there an alternative so I can stop using the "bogus
transaction" method?

Thanks everyone,

Andrew Gross