How to close a financial year

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue May 16 05:53:18 EDT 2017

Anita,
This is discussed pretty much every year on the list. Try googling "close books gnucash site:lists.gnucash.org". You should find plenty of reading.
David

  On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 14:41, Anita Graves<anitagraves at mac.com> wrote:   Dear Friends,  How does one close the file for one financial year and open a new one with the same account tree for the next financial year.

I am not sure where in the manual these things will be covered.  I managed to export my account tree but don’t know how to turn around and import it in a new file. I can’t get a blank database.

Also, when once you have closed the file for a certain financial year, can you still create/generate reports from that year’s file?

Thanks so much for the pointers and help!

Anita