Flipping account types by hacking the XML

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Thu May 18 10:01:35 EDT 2017

On Thursday, 18 May 2017 13:57:03 BST farleykj wrote:
> Another method, perhaps a tedious one, is to create the "proper" credit card
> account, then go into the imported transactions and redesignate the
> accounts of each transaction. I've done this for situations where I needed
> to add a "Cash" account to an investment account. It takes a while, but has
> the advantage that you are editing things from within the program, rather
> than editing the XLM code.

I might be misunderstanding the problem, but isn't the (supported) way to deal
with this just to edit each account from the CoA and change the type to Credit
Card?

If there are many affected accounts, it will be a bit tedious, but I should
have thought as a one-time only job, quicker & easier than hacking & testing
on the datafile?

0.02
Maf.