Issues with "Assets over time" report

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at gmail.com
Wed May 24 15:42:36 EDT 2017

As for initial value concerns, if there is no other transactional value, that’s the only one used. If you only bought the EUR stocks once, there is only one value to average. If you made more than one purchase then there will be a calculation for GC to do. Weighted average only works on transactional data, not prices from the price editor. Nearest in time and Most recent use data from the price editor.

I’ll hazard a guess here that your USD stocks were purchased before your book was started. When you opened the book, you entered the initial value of the account against Equity:Opening Balances, but there are no purchase transactions using the stock features for the USD stocks, but you have purchased the EUR stocks after the book was opened, thus, there are only transactions on the EUR stocks which is why they are the only ones included in the weighted average.

-Adrien