How to find and fix entry miss-dated to previous year (in General Ledger)

doncram doncram at gmail.com
Fri May 26 18:19:49 EDT 2017

Thanks Derek Atkins on all my questions.

To myself, about how:
*With a given Income Statement or other report open, select Edit / Report
Options, then General to change date range, then hit Apply, and the report
updates.
*If a General Ledger report shows "Edit report options", you can click on
that directly, or select Edit / Report Options, and go to Accounts tab and
select All accounts.
*In the Tools / General Ledger, the date range is accessed by View (rather
than Edit) / Filter By / Date.

I will have a think about whether using Reconcile is something you could do
as part of your own approach to "close" a period, in a way that you could
later track down accidental additions as Derek suggests.  I notice the
Filter By / Status tab allows you to choose to select ledger entries by any
combination of "Unreconciled", "Reconciled", "Cleared", "Voided" and
"Frozen" statuses.

I don't know what "Frozen" means yet, or whether that can be used in your
own approach to closing a period.  Neither Help nor the Tutorial and
Concept Guide within GnuCash shows any result when searching on "Frozen" or
"Freeze" as a possible keyword.

Thanks so much for helping me along!  I did try to look for info in the
documentation but wasn't successful, before asking.  --Don