GnuCash mobile

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue May 30 18:41:42 EDT 2017

> On May 30, 2017, at 8:48 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
>
> Michael,
>
> "Fross, Michael" <michael at fross.org> writes:
>
>> IIRC, the goal for that is at the end of the year.  Derek, if this is what you
>> mean by the C++ rewrite, then apologies for the repetition.
>
> No, that's not correct.  The goal for the end of this year is the C++
> rewrite.  Turning GnuCash into a "true" database app is a longer-term
> project, more like ~3 years out.

That was the early, overly optimistic goal. It didn't happen. We've got C++ rewrites of part of libqof (most significantly date-time and numeric), the SQL backend, and the CSV importer. The task for the remainder of this year is to get that cleaned up and production ready.

I think we can get to "true database" in the next development cycle if we focus on it.

Regards,
John Ralls