Price Editor

Jim Muchow jamesdmuchow at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 17:12:30 EDT 2017

I know that the stock quotes feature is having issues, so I decided
that since I don't have so many and I don't need any more than
Friday's prices, to try to enter stock/fund prices manually.

This doesn't seem to work either; well, it has issues. Let me explain.

I start up gnucash and then using the pulldown, bring up the Price
Editor window. The first oddity comes when I hit the Add button;
the following is displayed on the terminal window I used to start up
gnucash:

sys:1: GtkWarning: gtk_list_store_get_path: assertion 'iter->stamp ==
GTK_LIST_STORE (tree_model)->stamp' failed

Nothing "bad" happens other than this warning line, so I continue.

In the Price Editor window, I modify the various items to point to
a fund that I want to update and do so. When I use the Apply button,
the changes are taken. If I then hit the Cancel, I can escape without
crashing. This is not the case, if I hit the Apply button. A few seconds
go by and then I get a segfault and the program exits. Curiously,
the program crashes the same way if I try to edit or re-enter a price
for a date already entered (although if I Remove it first, it works).

Anyway, as long as I continue to enter a price, hit Apply, and then
Cancel. I can make this work. The gnucash app sent some debug
and crash info off to Ubuntu after one crash.

I am running Xubuntu 16.06 and Gnucash 2.6.12