finance-quote error

farleykj farleykj at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 17:59:15 EDT 2017

This debacle has brought to light another difficulty. The reliance on this
one source (Yahoo) for prices. I don't think any of the other F::Q sources
for US stock prices works. Not fool, fidelity, nasdaq, nyse, for example.
Sending a query with gnc-fq-dump, even with the "-v" flag, yields nothing.
Except "fool" which returns a whole lot of gibberishy text. It seems that
the interfaces to all these sources have evolved, while the code that tries
to interact with them has not.
What to do? I'm going to play around with things a bit, but I'm not a Perl
expert, so I don't know if I'll be successful in my endeavors.

-----
Ken Farley