Price Editor

Jim Muchow jamesdmuchow at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 18:10:07 EDT 2017

On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 4:39 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4 November 2017 at 21:12, Jim Muchow <jamesdmuchow at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I know that the stock quotes feature is having issues, so I decided
>> that since I don't have so many and I don't need any more than
>> Friday's prices, to try to enter stock/fund prices manually.
>>
>> This doesn't seem to work either; well, it has issues. Let me explain.
>
> I always do this by first clicking on the most recent price for a fund
> then clicking Add and entering the data in the box that pops up.

It's still a workaround; just different than that I described. I'm fine with
workarounds, but they're just that, workarounds as opposed to operations
that behave well.

> I have not had any of the problems you describe.

Did you try them? I didn't have these problems either (or didn't know
I had them) until I tried to manually set stock/fund prices. Perhaps it's
version specific. Ubuntu tends to be somewhat behind.

> That is using 2.6.15 on
> Ubuntu (17.04).  By the way there is no Ubuntu 16.06.

OK, 16.04.03.