Price Editor

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.fremont.ca.us
Sun Nov 5 00:48:11 EDT 2017

> On Nov 4, 2017, at 3:10 PM, Jim Muchow <jamesdmuchow at gmail.com <mailto:jamesdmuchow at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 4:39 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com <mailto:clanlaw at gmail.com>> wrote:
>> On 4 November 2017 at 21:12, Jim Muchow <jamesdmuchow at gmail.com <mailto:jamesdmuchow at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>> I know that the stock quotes feature is having issues, so I decided
>>> that since I don't have so many and I don't need any more than
>>> Friday's prices, to try to enter stock/fund prices manually.
>>>
>>> This doesn't seem to work either; well, it has issues. Let me explain.
>>
>> I always do this by first clicking on the most recent price for a fund
>> then clicking Add and entering the data in the box that pops up.
>
> It's still a workaround; just different than that I described. I'm fine with
> workarounds, but they're just that, workarounds as opposed to operations
> that behave well.
>
>> I have not had any of the problems you describe.
>
> Did you try them? I didn't have these problems either (or didn't know
> I had them) until I tried to manually set stock/fund prices. Perhaps it's
> version specific. Ubuntu tends to be somewhat behind.
>
>> That is using 2.6.15 on
>> Ubuntu (17.04).  By the way there is no Ubuntu 16.06.
>
> OK, 16.04.03.

Crashes are bad, but reports on the list tend to get forgotten. Please file a bug[1] and attach the tracefile[2] from a crashed session. If you can manage a stack trace[3] as well they’re really helpful.

Regards,
John Ralls

[1] https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Bugzilla <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Bugzilla>
[2] https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Tracefile <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Tracefile>