F::Q 1.39 with support for AlphaVantage released to CPAN

Erik Colson eco at ecocode.net
Sun Nov 5 13:58:05 EST 2017

Hello,

F::Q 1.39 with support for the AlphaVantage API has been uploaded to
CPAN.  You will need to get your own API KEY and add it as an
environment variable on your system.  You can get it through the website
https://www.alphavantage.co/.

On linux systems this can an be done by adding this line to your
.profile file:

  export ALPHAVANTAGE_API_KEY=##############

AlphaVantage doesn't offer a currency field as did yahoo.  Therefor I
added basic support for deducing a currency.  For now it works for
symbols without a suffix (returns USD as currency as for IBM, CSCO), and
for .BR which returns EUR (i.e. SOLB.BR).  You can send me further
suffix - currency pairs which I'll add to the module.

best
--
erik colson