finance-quote error

rosid dnlrsnbrg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 08:07:42 EST 2017

Hi,

the Bloomberg perl module for F::Q should be able to get some stocks and
funds.

As I wrote here

http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/Re-No-stock-quote-for-LU1233758587-td4693298.html#none

I was able to import the Bloomberg module into f:q in Windows:

> Then I found this Perl Bloomberg module for finance quote:
> https://github.com/alex314159/PerlFinanceQuoteBloomberg
> I added the file to the finance quote directory (on my Windows 10 system:
> C:\Strawberry\perl\site\lib\Finance\Quote) and added Bloomberg to the
> modules in the file Quotes.pm and changed the account delimiter in GnuCash
> to from ":" to "\" (as described in the Readme file in the above link).
> Using gnc-fq-dump and gnc-fq-helper via command line I was able to get a
> quote for REMCIEE:LX.
> After that, I was able to select Bloomberg as an online source for my
> fund.
> Then I tried to get the online quotes for all my shares, but the only
> thing
> that happened ist the black Strawberry Perl window popping up and never
> closing (I let it run for more than 1 hour). After that I aborted (closed
> the Strawberry Perl window) and got an error message from GnuCash about a
> system error.

[...]

I had to edit the Bloomberg.pm file and change the following entries in the
lines 47, 49 and 51:

@price_array[0] --> $price_array[0]
@curr_array[0] --> $curr_array[0]
@date_array[0] --> $date_array[0]

After doing that I was able to successfully retrieve a quote for REMCIEE:LX
within GnuCash.

You will have to change the ticker symbol of your stocks to the bloomberg
standard (like GOOG:US) for it to work.
I tested it successfully with 5 of my funds.

Daniel